TAKING CARE OF YOUR FLOWERS
We want you to get the most out of your arrangements.
Keep your blooms happy for as long as possible by following our care tips & guidelines
Food and Water
- Keep your vase filled with water! All flower and foliage stems should be submerged. Flowers stay fresher, longer when they can get a drink!
- Watch your water. When it gets cloudy it’s time to change it out.
- Replace the water and mix in the flower preservative provided by your florist, according to the instructions on the packet.
Heat and Light
- Keep fresh flowers away from drafts and extreme temperatures, which can quickly dry out the flowers and cause wilting.
- Do not place your arrangement near fruit or in the path of cigarette smoke. The ethylene gas is detrimental to many flower types.
- Avoid placing flower arrangements in windowsills and other areas with full sun where flowers can wilt due to overheating.
- Most flowers will last longer under cool conditions.
- If your flowers came in plastic, remove this as soon as possible.
- After carefully removing the good flowers, clean the vase thoroughly with soapy water to remove any bacteria that could cause the fresh flowers to deteriorate even quicker. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
Trim the stems
- Immediately remove dead or wilting leaves and stems from fresh flower arrangements.
- Using a sharp knife or scissors, remove 3/4 of an inch from the bottom of the stem every few days. Cut at an angle to give your flower the best chance to absorb water.